Sunday, October 18, 2009

GUATEMALA: Pros and Cons

3 comments:

NYM said...

Test

Chris Kiley said...

See my post on the Chronic Malnutrition as a Pro Vote

EDM said...

From an email from Malachi Courtney to Pastor Miles (forwarded to me for posting):

The international partnership that you talked about seems like a great idea. I am not sure where you are in the whole process, but I would be more than happy to talk w/ you about Guatemala (or any other nation as I am very much interested in international missions). I know Compassion International has numerous areas in Guatemala where they sponsor children. The area where I work is very rural, so the closest Compassion center I believe is about 2 hours away.

The ministry that I work with (Adonai International Ministries) is a non-denominational Christian ministry that has been working in Guatemala for over 10 years now. Their primary focus is medical, but they also do community development and outreach programs. They work closely with churches and orphanages in the area. I also know a few other non-denominational missions organizations in the country that focus on building schools/orphanages.

http://adonaiinternationalministries.blogspot.com/
This is the link to Adonai Interantional Ministry's blog about the work that they are currently doing.

Although Guatemala City is not all that safe, the rural areas of Guatemala for the most part are incredibly safe. The country is very much in need in that it is now the most malnourished nation in the Western Hemisphere and the 4th most malnourished nation in the world. If you would like to talk about options within the country I would be more than happy to meet with you or anyone else to discuss Guatemala.